Saturday, April 2, 2011

Found the dress!

So I settled on a vintage-style dress from classic offbeat designer Stephanie James. The standard retail dress was a whopping $2k, but with a little Internet sleuthing, I found a slightly damaged dress for $650! With a few inches hemmed, it'll be good as new! Of course, I'll need to lose a few inches myself - it's just one size too small. But for a nearly 70% discount, I'll fast without complaint! I'm also removing the built-in chiffon so I can wear a light blue petticoat underneath the dress for a little splash of color. I love my mom's tailor! Here's a pic of me trying on the dress with a sash (altho I think I'll do without at the actual wedding). One of my bridesmaids made me try on the hat and shoes for "context," but I actually dig the peep-toe heels. I found a couple of pairs at Dillards and Nordstroms, so now it's just a matter of wearing them around the house for an hour and seeing which pair kills less! =) I also need to start researching birdcage veils so I can craft one custom. Etsy, I'ma comin' for you!

1 comment:

  1. *tears up* OMG! You look fab-u-lous!!!! Keep rockin it girl ;-)

    ReplyDelete